Wednesday, May 20, 2009

ugh - my landlord

So I'm not very good at being assertive and strict. And there's been a hole in my ceiling, in my closer for almost a month now. My landlord and the "condo association" guy were supposed to take care of it, and with their lack of communication with each other and me, there's been no progress.

Today, with my boyfriend giving me support to call, I finally called her and told her that nothing's been fixed and it's not my responsibility to find her or this condo guy. She told me she was "shocked," and thought it'd been fixed weeks ago. Right.

My boyfriend told me not to send her my rent until it's fixed. And he's probably right. But I get nervous when I have to be mean to someone "above" me - but I guess she isn't really above me. I pay her my rent, I shouldn't have a hole in my ceiling.

He's right. I shouldn't pay rent until it's fixed. But my landlord is making me feel like it's my fault. I "should have told her it wasn't fixed weeks ago"...really?

1 comment:

  1. It's not your fault, and you're not being mean. I know you know that, but sometimes it helps to hear it.

    ReplyDelete