Wednesday, May 20, 2009

baby olivia

My best friend, Chloe, has a baby girl named Olivia. Chloe calls me all the time and tells me what Olivia has done or started to say, and although it gets repetitive, it bugs me that I'm not there.

I've been best friends with Chloe since we were in sixth grade together. We've had out rough patches, and she's been through a lot, but I love her. Her worst years have been the past three.

All throughout high school, she hardly did anything. Another friend and I did a lot of her work, or stayed on her ass to get it done. Then, a month before graduation, Chloe found out that there was nothing she could do to graduate. It finally hit her. She was devastated, but it was her fault.

She moved on. She didn't come watch us graduate, but it didn't ruin our friendship. Then, I left for Georgia, and I feel that her and my other best friend, Damaris, have gotten closer--and rightfully so. I'm not there all the time, so it's just what happens.

Around this time during my freshman year of college, Chloe called to tell me she was pregnant. That summer she couldn't drink and hardly went out. She started showing right before I went back to school. By the time I came in November, she was huge. I was lucky to be able to be at the baby shower.
A month after I went back to school, Chloe had Olivia. She's now 16 months old; she walks, talks a little, eats people food, the whole nine yards. It seems that Olivia has gotten Chloe's life on track. Last year, Chloe got her high school diploma and has worked harder lately than ever before.

I'm so proud of Chloe and Olivia knows Aunt Maggie loves her. Now only if I could get her to actually say my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment